Friday 18 May 2018

The Phases Of Fashion



I am feeling really refreshed this Spring, especially when it comes to my wardrobe. I have always taken pride in putting myself together nicely but the last few years, through pregnancy and postpartum, I just kinda made due with what I had. I did buy some new items here and there, but I didn't want to commit because I knew my body would be changing and I don't think I fully understood what was required of my wardrobe in my new motherhood phase of life. I am not sure this was the best way to care for myself in the department of wardrobe, as I have felt an increase in creativity as I curate my closet. Fashion is part of who I am and allows me to express myself in each specific day, just like makeup and hair does. I try to stay grounded and not get caught up in having new things, its more important to have well fitting clothes that allow me to express myself and service my lifestyle.

I find so much inspiration for my fashion in the beauty and lifestyle of the woman around me and some of the ladies I follow on social media. One of the characteristics I find most attractive though, is the way women wear their clothes boldly, joyfully, purposefully.

This outfit is what I wore on Mother's Day and I had to jump when I was having my picture taken because I was feeling extra blessed this day. I have had this top for years and wore this during my pregnancy with Luke, its flowy so it worked for awhile.

I would love to hear about your fashion journeys, whatever you have learned about your style from your different phases of life. One thing I do want to be conscious of moving forward is always having staples like jeans and quality t-shirts that fit properly no matter my size or life changes.

Check out my fashion at 30-36 weeks pregnant with Luke. 

Happy weekend!
Audrey






Shop the look and scroll through items similar to what I wore for Mother's Day. Shop all my looks on my website here. 


No comments: