Monday 19 February 2018

No More Excuses | Meeting With A Nutritionist



On Saturday I met Tristan Bassett a Registered Nutritionist in Sarnia. My current lackadaisical approach to nutrition is no longer cutting it. I joke about the amount of coffee I drink and the treats I eat and while I am so not willing to give those things up completely, things need to change for me to live my best life and for me to raise children who appreciate and respect food for the amazing fuel and pleasure it is.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, who you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your bodies.

I am ready to learn more about improving my personal nutrition and the overall wellness of my family. I am ready to start honouring my body for the temple that it is. I am not trying to lose weight, my goal working with Tristan is to learn how to fuel my body and improve the way I care for my family, so we can live our best lives, in so many ways. Tristan and I connected online over the topic of blogging and now I am so excited to be working with her and sharing this journey with all of you.

During our first meeting I let Tristan know that my end goal is to grow a family that has a balanced approach to food. I don't want to give up pizza nights on Fridays or donuts on Sundays but I know I need to make some improvements to our diets. I need some accountability at least in the beginning and I think this will be a huge benefit of working with Tristian Bassett. Tristan was encouraging when I shared my concerns and because of her very personal approach to nutrition, I am excited about the experience and hopeful that my family is about to start a new chapter that will enhance the rest of our lives.

Here are some of the excuses I have used as to why I should not make my nutrition and the nutrition of my family a greater priority. I am just going to leave these here on my blog, and thats the end of these. 

My children won’t eat vegetables and it’s easier to make something everyone will eat for dinner.

I deserve treats after being home with the kids all day. 

It’s too expensive to buy whole foods all the time. 

I don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals 7 days a week.

There it is folks, no more excuses. 

Tristan’s passion is educating others and I am ready to learn! Once you know, you know and there is no going back, right! So, here we go, join me on this journey, it’s going to be fun, honest and interesting! 

Anyone can have a complimentary one on one consultation with Tristan like I did on Saturday, to begin designing the best nutrition plan for your unique lifestyle, check out her booking page here. 

Thank you for joining me on all my adventures and taking part in the conversation. What are some excuses that stand in the way of improving your wellness? Comment below, I want to know.


No comments: