Friday 16 February 2018

Home Life | Stay At Home / Work At Home Mom



I have been working mostly from home for the last few weeks. Being home a lot allows me so much time for thought and talk with God. Sometimes I hope for a little adventure project that will take me out for the day but most of the time I just try to settle into the days and the pace of home. 

Time at home brings me back to the basics, to simplicity. 

I love to be out and about but I do truly love being home. 

I really like the responsibilities of my days and am grateful for everything. 

When I had children my world suddenly got smaller. Maybe it doesn’t happen to everyone but it happened to me. Family, close friends and a few new online/texting friends became my new world.

I remember, especially with Elizabeth, the newness in postpartum as such a raw emotional place to be. It’s a happinesses so grand it spills out regularly in tears. My home is now connected with all of the memories of that phase, maybe that’s why I like to be home for stretches of time, to try and hold close to the rawness of motherhood. My home is where I find my basic female self. I like her. I like her feminine caring and nurturing strengths. She is the foundation of everything else I offer to the world because mother and lover is who I was designed to be as a woman.


When I am home my spiritual core becomes stronger. Home is where I recharge and find inspiration.

I am stumbling through this phase regularly but I love it.

xoxo
Audrey 

No comments: