Thursday 1 February 2018

Eternity


Do you ever wonder what Heaven will be like? Do you ever try to imagine what the presence of God will be like? Do you ever have moments, when your home is quiet, everyone is asleep and well, maybe it’s snowing outside and maybe you have a hot drink in your hand, and you just think, wow God, thank you for all of this? I have these moments and then wonder, will Heaven and eternity be like this, but a million times sweeter?

In those moment of wonderous gratitude, happiness and peace I still feel this tinge in my heart sometimes of sadness, I want to hold onto the moment so bad and remember the sweetness of everything right now but I know I can’t. Things will keep moving forward and changing and the sweetness will change. 

Why is that sadness tinge always lingering?

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

I think, it may be because this earth is not our home. We were all created with the opportunity to choose God and we were created in His image. It is implanted in us to desire our Heavenly Father and to be in His presence. Heaven and the presence of God has no sadness. I want to try and enjoy life unafraid of trying to hold onto each moment so tightly, knowing that Heaven is an eternity of these moments. 

I want to live more focused on eternity while being joyful and present in each moment.

These are just some thoughts that have been swirling in my head the last month or so. Life is so beautiful and I love it so much, it kinda freaks me out sometimes you know!? This was a tough one for me to sort out but writing it and sharing it here always makes me feel better, that is why I started my blog.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Lord, help me to be present and grateful for today while always focusing on you and your eternal perspective. Thank you for your plan and preparing me on this life journey, for eternity with you.




No comments: