Tuesday 7 November 2017

Wildfire Women Sarnia Meet Up Recap




It has taken me a week to absorb everything I learned from the first Wildfire Women Ontario meet up and I am excited to share a few things.

The week of the event I started to feel nervous, I do have experience speaking in front of people but I have never hosted an event with the focus being on God. At first I started to second guess myself, "what kind of qualifications do I have to be hosting an event like this, I am not a ministry leader", but then I remembered that the enemy will attack us as we get closer to our true calling in life.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober minded, be watchful your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

I armed myself with the word of God and prayer and did my best to move through the week prayerfully. The first lesson I learned, God calls me to places of fear and discomfort because He is trying to draw me closer to Him. When I am unsure of my footing, I cling to God as my strength, its not a comfortable place to be, but it does always bring me closer to my Heavenly Father.

God didn't leave me hanging, I had the support and prayers of the panelists and my friend Brittney who sent me the most beautiful encouraging prayers to power me up.

Once the conversation started with all of the wonderful panelists, all of my nerves disappeared and we all chatted like girlfriends, Gods presence was felt by everyone.

Listening to the panelists answer my questions I received a few overarching messages. These conversations and meet ups are important because there is so much power in numbers. Hearing others speak truths that I also know strengthened my faith and courage to be more bold in my walk with the Lord. We all have these amazing stories about the good work God has done in our life and those stories can be life changing for others so sharing them is imperative to doing the work of God. I need to pray more and seek His direction more diligently in everything I do being unafraid that my decisions don't match those of the world. And, thirdly, the more I talk about God the more comfortable I become sharing His good news with the world, and that is really what it is all about, I want to be the hands and feet right where I am.

God is awesome and His greatness is available to us all.

Thank you to everyone who helped with the night, it was a success because of everyone taking part open heartedly.

As for the next event, I am still praying on that matter and I would ask that you pray for myself, Brittney and Wildfire Women too, that God guide us in the direction we should go.

If you were at the event or watched the live stream I would love to hear some of your take aways, please comment below.

xoxo
Audrey
















No comments: