Thursday 5 October 2017

A response to my mommy friends- in the phase they're in.

This post was written by one my very best friends Shar in response to my last post. I am so grateful for our beautiful friendship and thank you for this letter! See the previous post here if you missed it. 

A response to my mommy friends- in the phase they're in. 

Don't be sorry. 


Don't you ever apologize for prioritizing your family and spending time being the best mommy you can be. 

When you cancel plans, I know it's not because our friendship means less to you now than it did before. 

I understand that days are long and difficult and happy and frustrating and that you can't always do it all. 

You are important. 
Raising children who can help to make this world a better place is important.
I see you. And I value the work that you're doing. 

I don't mind having conversations with you while your toddler tugs at your sleeve, asking for attention. I can't think of anything more precious than seeing you become a mother. 

It brings me happiness to see you blossoming into motherhood and contributing to the world on a level I am not yet familiar with. 

When you prioritize a girls night over a night with your children or partner, I understand the sacrifice you are making. 

I also understand that adult time is important for you. To remind you who you are and keep your sanity. Even if rarely, I relish in being a part of this reminder of your past-self, but I never expect to be your number one. 

I will never forget you- or the memories we have. I will always have a seat open for you at the table- when you have time to re-engage. 

Thank you for setting an example for me. For showing me that motherhood is a daily struggle, one of the hardest jobs in the world - but one of the most beautiful things a woman can do. 

Whether I decide to have children or not- we will always find a way to connect. 

I love you, I know you're trying your best to find balance and that your love is simply being divided in more pieces now. 

Thank you for not feeling guilty about prioritizing those precious humans and for letting me be a part of your journey. 

Xoxox
Your childless friend.

No comments: