Monday 17 July 2017

I Don't Want To Be Afraid





Yesterday I got out on a paddle board for the first time. It felt so good to be up on the water but when I looked down into the river, I got a little scared.

I have grown up on the beach but I have always been afraid of deep water because I am afraid of what swims below me while I float above. I don't like the unknown. My logical mind knows that any fish that swims below does not look at me like dinner but I can't help but feel the panic most of the time, when swimming in deep water.

As I paddled I had the internal battle of exhilaration and fear, wanting to go faster but afraid I may fall, wanting to try a little yoga but fear I may fall. As I paddled back to shore and rationalized with myself "what's really the worst that could happen?" I had a realization.

I don't want to allow fear to stop me from experiencing adventures in life.

The battle continues, I will let you know how I make out.







1 comment:

essay writing companies said...

This is one very enlightening post! it makes me want to overcome all my fears too, ironically i also have the same fear as you! i hope you and i both conquer all our fears one day!