Thursday 29 June 2017

2017 Bronzer Guide

I wear bronzer almost everyday but depending on the time of year and the look I am trying to achieve, the product I use and application vary. I hope this bronzer guide will help you to navigate your next bronzer purchase or help you to break down the variety of bronzing products out there and the different ways they can be used.

Bronzer can be used to warm the face and create a sun kissed look or to sculpt the face. Some makeup artists say that a warm toned bronzer can not be used to contour and I always say, "with makeup there are no rules, just techniques". You do what works for you. Here are some of my thoughts on some bronzers I have been using lately.

Disclaimer: this guide is based on my personal use and skin tone, none of these shades/products would work well on very deep skin tones.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
This formula comes in a variety of shades but the colour Chocolate Soliel is specifically beautiful for fair skin. I wear this bronzer often in the winter and only use it to contour my face. This line of bronzers are matte and smell like chocolate. This is a product that has been raved about on YouTube which was why I originally purchased it and I think it is worth the hype. It has no orange undertones and blends beautifully into the skin.


Arbonne Bronze
I have used this bronzer on myself and clients for two years now and am amazed at how well it works on a variety of skin tones. This bronzer has a cool undertone and is shimmery. I use this to contour and create a sun kissed look and wear it all year round. This is an excellent basic bronzer for anyone looking for bronzer they can wear many ways.

Maybelline Master Bronze Palette 
I am loving the Maybelline Master palettes! On days when I need to get ready very quickly these palettes serve as my full colour products for my face. I love the variety of bronzers in this palette as it allows me to contour and create a gradient bronze look topped with a highlight. The shades also range from matte, to sparkle, to shimmer. I have used this highlighter on my shoulders and décolletage and this might be one of the best highlighters I have ever used. The downside is that I would say this palette is best suited for fair skin and as my skin starts to get a little darker in the summer months, the darker shades are not showing up as much. I will still wear the highlighter through the summer but will have to choose deeper bronzers.

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer
This is a matte medium bronzer with excellent pigment. I really like this bronzer for contouring and will be using this through the summer now that my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil is too light for me. This product is long lasting when applied over foundation and I really love the package because the mirror is huge for the bronzer size. I often use this mirror when applying my eyeshadow.

Check out how I have been using the Maybelline Master Bronze Palette in this quick makeup tutorial over on my Facebook page. How To Bronze Your Face Using One Palette

I would love to know what your favourite bronzers are and why, please share in the comments.



1 comment:

cv writing service said...

Arbonne Bronzer is very use full for skin care and the body shop honey bronzer also. i really like this bronzers and i am going to try this thanks for sharing with us