Wednesday 31 May 2017

Truths I Want My Children To Know


1. You are truly unique and you were created for a purpose that only you can fulfill.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to nations. 

I was distracted for many years by things that go on around me and wanted to be different but was not sure how to take the road less travelled. I looked around for things and people to mimic, which left me feeling even more lost. I now know to be truly unique, I must only look to God.

2. God is our creator and knowing Him will help you to know yourself and understand your purpose.

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and lead you in the way you should go; I will council you with my loving eye on you.

I have found great comfort in talking to God about my concerns and important decisions. I bring so much to Him through prayer. I hear the responsive and guiding voice of God through The Bible, preachers and through the stories of other Christians. Sometimes a response does not come but spending time with God is always helpful.

God may ask you to do something someday that by the worlds standards of decision making, may not make sense, example: a leap of faith in a career where you don't necessarily have the specific training to do the job. If God is calling you to do something, he will care for you and guide you through the process. I love to think of Noah (Noah's ark) when God is asking me to do something a little crazy. Can you imagine how crazy Noah must have felt when he first turned to his wife and said "honey, we have to build a huge boat and load one of each species on it because God is going to flood the earth and its our job to save Gods creations". What!? I am sure Noah lived through some tough times as he constructed the ark but I bet he was glad he listened to God and not the people around him (maybe making fun of him) when the rain began to fall.

3. It is God's plan that you be successful, happy and blessed. Do not be limited by the worlds definition of success, this does not mean you will be abundantly wealthy, it might but blessings come in many forms.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future. 

I like to remember the verse above when I am going through a challenging time. I have gained most of my greatest pieces of wisdom through challenging times. These pieces of wisdom have equipped me to gracefully move through situations in the future that I could not have foreseen but because Gods plan is perfect, He prepared me for a battle I was unaware I would face.

4. There will be challenging times in your life and no matter how long, you are NEVER alone.

Isiah 41:13
For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you.

Talk to God about everything, ask Him for what you need. He will answer your prayers in the best way for you. When I work on being grateful, I can see the many ways that God answers my prayers daily. And, in a time of waiting on a prayer to be answered, it has helped me to remember God's past faithfulness and the many ways he has answered my prayers previously. This helps me to hold onto faith that God is working even when I can not see it.

5. What you do matters! At different phases of your life it may seem that the everyday things like working hard in school, being on time for sports practice and keeping your room clean are insignificant but God cares about everything you do and these small things can often bless those around you in a big way. Do not ever underestimate your impact on your world, by living your life simply to honour God.

Job 8:7
Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous your future will be. 

When I began to put my whole life in Gods hands amazing things started to happen. Only God can take our simple efforts and turn them into extraordinary miracles. I have seen God work through my everyday life to speak into the lives of others which makes all the simple mundane tasks worthwhile. Remember, God needs each and everyone one of us!

6. You do not need to do anything to earn Gods love. He loves you just as much today as He did yesterday and nothing you can do, can change that. Do not allow your missed steps to keep you from growing closer to God.

Hebrews 13:8
Yesterday, he loved you, today he loves you tomorrow he will love you, nothing will change. 

For many years I allowed my mistakes to keep me from getting closer to God. I felt like if I sinned and made a mistake that I needed to stay away from God. This is a lie the devil tells us to keep us from growing closer to our Heavenly Father, do not believe it. Always turn to God.

There are no two people in this world exactly alike. It is amazing and beautiful and only a work God could complete. Get to know your Heavenly Father and you will learn who you are, what you were created for and live a purposeful life.

xoxo
Audrey


No comments: