Tuesday 2 May 2017

Trusting God Even When It Doesn't Feel Good



I have been trying to teach Luke not to be afraid of washing his hair, he hates to get soap in his eyes. He gets soap in his eyes because when I tell him its time to rinse, he tenses up and tips his head forward in hopes of protecting his face but actually ends up making it so much worse. He does what he thinks “feels” right instead of trusting me and listening to what I say.

I was in the shower with Luke the other day and as I was going through this situation with him once again, I realized I do this so often with God.

I have been praying so much for guidance lately in so many areas of my life. I know God sometimes calls me in a direction that doesn’t "feel" right and I do something else, leaning on my own understanding not on Gods and end up just making things worse.

Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

It can sometimes be hard to decipher the voice of God in our lives or feel his guidance in a specific direction. We can trust God's word though, even if its advice does not match that of our world or that of our feelings.

I am still in the very young stages of truly stepping out into deep water and trusting God but I can tell you, in the times I have done this, I have been blessed and God has shown up in big ways. I am honestly writing this so much for my own benefit but if anyone else is in the same boat, it's here for you too.

Xoxo
Audrey



No comments: