Thursday 28 April 2016

Shops @ 155 Front




Last weekend I attended a fashion event at Shops @ 155 Front with my friend Rachel. We were greeted with goodies, refreshments and excited business owners as we walked into the building.



The fashion show started with Esby and Soph. The clothes were cute and the models even cuter. If you have never been into Esby and Soph, they have really cool children's clothing and unique items to make a parents life more stylish and functional. 

Next we got to see fashions from One Tooth in action on women of all shapes and sizes. They have everything from your basic black yoga gear to extremely stylish fitness clothing that could take you from the yoga mat to a coffee date! They are even carrying jeans now! 

The event was hosted at Inner Dawn Yoga, my favourite yoga studio in Sarnia! I have been out of my yoga routine for awhile but being in that space was calling me back to my mat. I hope to get to the stroga (stroller yoga) classes Lisa is teaching this spring/summer in the park. You can check out her full schedule here - online IDY class schedule





What I loved most about this event was the passion I witnessed from the business owners. As they talked about their businesses, products and services, I couldn't help but get excited along with them. Our downtown has some amazing businesses working hard to bring our community unique items that enhance our lives in many ways. I encourage you to give a little extra thought next time your in need of something and learn about what is available to you locally, I promise the product quality and experience will never disappoint.

Our locally owned businesses also care about our community and work hard to give back. Next week Inner Dawn Yoga is hosting a karma yoga class in support of One Spark during First Friday at 5:30pm. The class is free to the public with donations at the door going to support the work of One Spark. One Spark's goal is to eliminate obstacles to financial sustainability for women facing violence. We believe that increasing opportunities for women to achieve financial security is a critical component of supporting the transition to a violence free life.

Next Friday is First Friday and there is going to be a ton of fun stuff going on downtown. I hope to see you at the Inner Dawn Yoga karma class or pop in later to say hi and learn a little more about One Spark as I will be hanging out all night.

Peace 

No comments: