Thursday 12 November 2015

Think Before You Shop


Christmas is right around the corner and I have started to make my gift giving shopping list. I try not to put all the focus of Christmas on gifts as I believe it is about so much more but I love brainstorming the perfect gifts for my loved ones. You know that feeling when you know you got the perfect gift and it is so hard to wait until Christmas morning for the recipient to open it because you are so excited to see their reaction, I strive for that with the purchase of every gift!

In my shopping and gift giving experience (which I think is pretty extensive), I have found that many of the best gifts can be purchased from a local business here in Lambton County. The local vendors I shop from tend to have unique items that can't be found in big box stores and very often if they don’t have something in stock, they are happy to order it in for you. I also much prefer the shopping experience in a local store because I am often dealing with a passionate business owner who is just as excited as I am, to help me find the perfect gift!

I think shopping local is an amazing way to make your holiday details so much more special. By purchasing my Christmas turkey from a local farmer I am starting my own family tradition that is now part of a family tradition that has been bringing Christmas joy to the dinner table for probably many generations, how cool is that!

It’s not about how much I have but how what I do have, is special. I would rather spend a little more on a few special items than have many not so special items. It’s not about how many presents are under the tree but the uniqueness and thought of those gifts. 

Not only do I encourage you to consider local stores and farmers when doing your Christmas shopping but also the people in your life who run direct sales companies and offer really cool products that can only be purchased through them. If you like to shop online this can be a great way to shop locally without leaving your home. Many direct sales companies provide their Consultants with personalized websites so their clients can shop directly from them online.

The ways to support our local economy with your Christmas dollars are endless and I assure you that shopping locally will fill you and the recipients of your gifts with so much joy.


Here are some of my favourite local stores and vendors to shop from to get you thinking about your gift giving list. Put a little extra thought into your Christmas gift, grab a coffee from your fav local coffee shop and enjoy the Christmas shopping experience that is available to us right here in Sarnia Lambton!

Turkey - Jeffrey Farms

Gifts For Her - Joan Armstrong Silpada

Gifts for Him - Gregs Auto Detailing

Cozy Gifts For The Family - Sticks And Strings

Gifts For The Girls - Shoes @ 144 Front

Gifts For The Whole Family - The Book Keeper

This is just the beginning of some exciting posts and content that I will be sharing here throughout the Christmas season. I love Christmas and I want to share in the awesomeness of this season with you. Check me out on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook so you don't miss any updates or giveaways.



No comments: