Tuesday 20 October 2015

Sarnia Modern Women's Show 2015

On Saturday October 2 I was a part of the Sarnia Modern Women's Show. The event was a trade show geared towards women in Lambton County, with proceeds at the door being donated to Noelles Gift.

This was my first trade show as a business owner. I had worked trade show booths for previous employers but I wasn't sure what to expect working the show as H.A.L. Makeup Artistry. My sister Emily gave up her Saturday to work with me that day. She has a busy schedule and Saturday is her only day off but she said yes to standing with me for 6 hours for the simple payment of me buying her lunch. 

The energy for this show was flowing for months prior to the event. The event coordinators worked tirelessly to encourage and motivate the vendors, providing us with constant inspiration for making our booth awesome. 

During set up on Friday night, it was clear they had put the work into the details as everything was running smooth. As a team on Saturday morning, we were cheered on by each other and the event organizers. We were not competing for business that day, we were there as a united group of female entrepreneurs showing Lambton County women a good time and what powerful women really look like! 

The moment the doors opened on Saturday morning there was a buzz in the building, one that continued until the doors closed and carried on into feedback recieved for days after the show. 

The powerful women I know build each other up, work for a greater good and care about their clients. It was a pleasure to be a part of this show in support of a great cause and I can not wait for next year!





No comments: