Tuesday 27 October 2015

BB Cream vs CC Cream

I often get asked what the difference between a BB Cream and CC cream is. I knew that the BB Cream was the lighter version of the two complexion products but I was unsure of the specific differences. I did a little research and thought I would share my findings with you.



The Difference Between a BB Cream and a CC Cream.

CC Cream (Colour Correcting Cream)
  • Heavier than a BB Cream in terms of coverage.  
  • Great for people looking to correct sun spots, dark circles and redness.
  • Lighter than a traditional foundation.
  • Often leaves the skin with a dewy finish.
I would recommend this product for someone wanting to even their skin tone but not have the feeling of a foundation.

BB Cream (Beauty Balm)
  • Lighter than a CC Cream but heavier than a Tinted Moisturizer.
  • This formula contains numerous skin conditioning and protecting ingredients.
  • Often contains sunscreen. 
  • Often includes ingredients to specifically moisturize the skin.
  • Often includes ingredients that assist with anti aging. 
I would recommend this product to someone who wants very minimal coverage and is more concerned with having a makeup base product that includes ingredients that are working to do good things for their skin. 

These beauty products are still very similar and the specifics of their formulations will vary based on the brand so review the specific ingredients before you purchase. Generally speaking though, if you are looking for a lightweight foundation a BB Cream or CC Cream is a good option for you. In my experience these formulas blend well with skin tones, save you time by applying multiple layers at once and feel lighter on the skin than a traditional liquid foundation.

I would love to know your beauty questions, comment below, on my Facebook page, Tweet me or comment on one of my Instagram photos.







1 comment:

essay best said...

I always prefer using BB cream because the results are superb, at least for me. I just feel it has more pros than the CC cream. I mean, base and beneficial? That’s awesome!