Tuesday 20 January 2015

Stuffed Peppers



















I am trying to get creative in the kitchen by using what I have on hand so that I only go to the grocery store for one big shop a week.  I have been doing this a lot lately with only some success (there have been a few things I have had to throw away).  Regardless of the current success rate, I am having fun with my foodie experiments and I would say these stuffed peppers were a win.  They are kind of like spinach dip meats stuffed peppers.  I hope you like them, let me know what you think, or if you put your own spin on this idea with some other ingredients you had in your kitchen.

Ingredients 
One block of frozen chopped spinach
One block of cream cheese 
Four cloves of chopped garlic 
1/2 a carton of chopped cherry tomatoes  
2 cups of chopped croutons
2 tablespoons of Greek or Italian seasoning
4 peppers cut in half lengthwise 
Graded mozzarella for topping

Method 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Blend thawed spinach and room temperature cream cheese with a hand mixer
Chop garlic and add it to the mixture
Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters and add to the mixture
Chop croutons and add them to the mixture
Add seasoning of choice
Top with graded mozzarella
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes  


No comments: