Tuesday 2 December 2014

Getting Creative - Luke's Room

I was lucky enough to be able to have a month off work before Luke arrived, I would highly recommend this time off to any new mom.  I had a list of projects I wanted to complete around the house before Luke was born, organizational items, cleaning and getting his room ready (nesting is a real thing). 

A few of my projects were creative.  Over the last few years I haven't made time for crafting and hands on projects for myself to complete and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed working with my hands and how therapeutic it was for my mind.

I sewed some throw pillows for our newly renovated living room, created some artwork and finished some painting for Luke's room.  I also spent time knitting and crocheting.  I don't really have a ton of time at the moment to work on projects like this but as we get into a bit of a groove with Luke I plan on making sure I have time to get creative with my hands and allow my mind to wonder.













No comments: