Wednesday 19 November 2014

Thank You

This week I completed writing all of my thank you cards for the gifts we received from baby showers and when we first brought Luke home.  I probably should have completed them sooner then now but hey, I am a new mom and snuggling with my little guy was higher on the priority list.

We received so much love from our family and friends, it was really nice to personalize our gratitude in each thank you card.

Can I tell you, don't under estimate the power of a positive comment.  After becoming a mom, I think I probably could have said some better things to the moms that came before me, those moms new just what to say to make me feel good.  My favourite comment of all was "your doing a great job", its so simple but it meant so much.  Just thinking of this makes my eyes well up a little because you know what, at first, I wasn't sure if I was doing a great job.  Having one of my awesome mom friends tell me I was doing a good job, gave me the boost of confidence I needed to push through the day.

To sum this little rant up, pump up the people around you with love and positivity because I guarantee you, it will go a long way!

"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." - Unknown


No comments: