Wednesday 17 September 2014

You Can Never Have Too Many Friends


I am so blessed to have some of the best friends!  My girlfriends mean something special to me and each relationship is unique.  The older I get the more value I find in these relationships and the more I understand that friendships require work similar to a marriage.  They require time and effort from both people involved and as we grow up and go in various directions, we need to learn to still find common ground. 

Common ground can't just be our past either, it needs to be in the present as well, I don't believe a friendship can sustain time just because we were friends when we were kids.

I believe my friendships are important not only because they bring me happiness but also because each one makes me better for the other relationships in my life, whether that be with my husband, as a mom, as an employee or co-worker, they enhance me. I learn different things from each friendship and hopefully they each feel like I bring something unique to the table as well.

I don't think you can ever have too many friends.  One thing I would like to work on as a friend myself, is being more fearless when it comes to building new friendships and strengthening my current relationships.  Friendships take work and are a two way street, what would you like to improve about being a good friend?

I have loved all the visitors I have had since we brought Luke home and am especially grateful right now for the company and support of all our friends.




 















No comments: