Wednesday 16 July 2014

Three Bumps And A Wedding


Last weekend I was a bridesmaid in my friend Rachel's wedding.  Rachel is my oldest friends, we have known each other for over 25 years and I was truly honoured when she asked me to be a part of her wedding party.  I find that during big life moments like this, I am very reflective on my relationships, my current place in life and my blessings.  

As you can see from the picture above, myself and two other bridesmaids are pregnant, this coincidence and all of us becoming wives within the last few years, made me think about how great this phase of our lives really is.  We have so many things to celebrate right now, babies, marriages, new homes, new careers and growing families, it made me think that we are in the midst of the "good old days".



I did my best to soak up all the joy of the day.  I hope Rachel and Brian felt all the love that was coming their way, because it was visible to me that they were surrounded by some pretty amazing friends and family that were so happy that they had found each other.



The food was delicious, the speeches made me laugh and cry, and the dance floor was bumping until the wee hours of the morning.  It was one of the best weddings I have been to and Rachel definitely brought her old hollywood theme to life, with every detail. 



I woke up on Sunday exhausted and with sore feet but it was totally worth it, I will definitely look back on this night as one of the good old days!







No comments: