Monday 18 March 2013

I Like Getting Older

Today is my birthday, ya!  I scheduled myself out of the office today so I could enjoy the day however I wanted.  I have two appointments, 1) to bottle some wine and 2) get a facial, the rest of the day is unwritten.

I have already done some celebrating for my birthday, dinner at my favourite restaurant with a few great girlfriends on Saturday and some St. Patrick's day celebrations yesterday at church and then a green beer to finish the day.

I always spend a little time on my birthday thinking about where I am at in my life since my last birthday and all the things that have happened in a year.  I also spend time thinking about how I have grown into who I am today and how all the events that have taken place in my life shape who I am.

I like who I am and I like myself more today than I did last year.  I am learning that so far, I like getting older.  I like the growing confidence I have in myself, I like my expanding family of loved ones and I like that the older I get, the greater my appreciation for family and friends.

Often you hear people complain about their birthdays and getting older.  Even though I consider myself still pretty young, what I have experienced thus far from growing older is looking pretty good to me.

So, Happy Birthday to me and being one year older!  I can not wait to see what this year has in store.


No comments: