Friday 10 August 2012

Early Mornings


I just returned from vacation where I spent a week in a beautiful summer home with 14 close friends.  I have to say my favourite parts of the days were the early mornings.  I was one of a few early risers so there was normally a few ladies stirring around the kitchen making the first pot of coffee, cutting fruit for breakfast and of course cleaning up the empties from last nights, night hawks.  

Anyone one else who is an early riser understands the calm and beauty in this part of the day.  Especially with the number of people in the house, these mornings kept me sane. 

During my regular work week the wee hours of the morning are also my most productive time in the day.  The hours before the phone begins to ring and the emails start to roll in.  

In the busyness of my beautiful Muskoka vacation I made time to make my own little memories and recharge the way I know I need to.  I am feeling a little sluggish from staying up later than I normally do and not eating as healthy as regular but for the most part I feel recharged and am looking forward to getting back to reality.

Stay tuned for vacation pictures in an upcoming post.

No comments: